Monday, December 21, 2009

And she cooks too!

This particular meal is still cooking, and has not yet been tasted, so I'd wait to make it until it's done. Just sayin'.

In a 3 qt. crockpot:
4 boneless pork chops (I'm sure a pork loin would work good here too)
1 honeycrisp apple (because it was nearing the end of it's shelf life and I wanted more in the cooker)
1/2 white onion (cause the whole thing wouldn't fit)
1/2 small jar of apricot preserves (with enough hot water to loosen it up)
About 3 TBSP of Penzey Spices "Raspberry Enlightenment" flavoring.
About 1 TBSP soy sauce
A squirt or two of Sri Racha hot sauce.
A squirt or two of honey.

Chops first covered by the apples and then the onions, the liquids then poured over the whole. Since the chops are frozen, I'm starting it for the first couple of hours on high, and then will turn to low before I leave for work.
Serving it with either sweet potato fries or ginger green beans, which ever comes out of the freezer first when I go looking when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment